Monday, January 29, 2007

Bulgarian Literature

I start re-reading Elin Pelin, one of the greatest Bulgarian writers.
Each day I will read one of his stories, each day I will re-discover it.
Why I choose Elin Pelin and do I need to re-read it?!
Yes, I definitely do!!! I choose Elin Pelin, not because it's my favourite author (btw can someone of you guess the Bulgarian author that I admire?! There will be also small surprise for the one that guess it. Please post here your suppositions), but because of two really important persons for men (my grandfather and one of my best friends).
Today I start with the following story "Кумови гости" (I am not gonna try to translated into English). It's a short story about two persons, that really loves each other. A story that lasts just one night, one unforgettable night... A story about desire, about belief, about love...

No comments: